In a society where you are constantly reminded about how good or bad you look, it's no wonder more and more people are stressing over their weight. And with so many people willing to do just about anything to get the body they desire, a lot of companies are taking advantage of them by enticing them to waste money on worthless and even dangerous products. If you are ready to lose weight or know somebody who's seeking help in that area, here are some things to know before getting started.
1. Magic Pills Don't Work: They are just like get-rich-quick programs. If they really worked, everybody would be rich and skinny. And besides the fact that these pills don't work, they can also be dangerous. So not only will they disappoint you, they can also lead to serious health problems.
2. Starving Doesn't Work: Starving yourself for hours and pigging out in one big meal is the worst way to eat. This will actually have the opposite effect of the desired outcome, leading to muscle degradation and fat gain. Instead, eat 6 small nutritional meals, spaced about every 3 hours.
3. Set Realistic Goals: Nothing can make a person quit like a disappointment can. If you are 80lbs overweight, don't expect to lose it within a few weeks. Stay in it for the long haul and make progress step by step until you lose the weight.
4. Keep Track Of Your Progress: This goes right along with goal setting. For every small goal achieved, write it down on a chart. It'll definitely keep you motivated to write more down.
5. Weigh Train: Weight training will help keep your metabolism high, making it easier to burn fat.
About the Author
For 10 FREE Idiot Proof Rules for Fat Loss, visit www.fatloss4idiots.net.tc